We get it.
Managing finances for your photography business can be scary. You’re afraid of missing deductions or ending up in the red.
While you’re passionate about photography, when it comes to managing receipts and calculating taxes, you get overwhelmed. This is completely understandable.
That’s why we’re here.
Our team of photographers, lawyers and CPAs created this accounting spreadsheet to simplify things. We made this spreadsheet specifically for photographers. It’s key to taking control of your finances.
When tracking finances, you have a few options. You can do it on your own, pay a monthly fee for accounting software, or use what we’ve created. In our [biased] opinion, we truly think you’re a click away from making a really smart business investment.
Required software: This is a Microsoft Excel document & requires the app Microsoft Excel to use it.
Scroll down for more information on this invaluable spreadsheet.
This download includes 7 spreadsheets with every formula you need. When you input numbers, the formulas automatically complete the calculations. This saves you time and money. Instead of stressing over finances, you can focus on doing what you love.
Instead of committing to a monthly membership fee, or struggling through accounting tutorials, a one-time investment gets you everything you need. The spreadsheet pays for itself by not only tracking income and expense but taxes too.
TAILORED TO YOU.
This isn't a generic tool. It was created for photographers. We understand your industry, income streams and what you need to track. This is more than a spreadsheet. It's advice from people who know the ins-and-outs of what you do.
After downloading the spreadsheet, here's what you can start tracking immediately:
- Inquiries: record and track name, address, phone, date of inquiry, follow-ups and notes
- Cashflow: track monthly and annual income and expenses including cash and check deposits, cost of goods, client gifts, business fees, tax and overhead
- Client Information: record name, address, email, phone, children's birthdays and notes
- Taxes: track sales, federal and state tax
- Client Receipts: record date, order, customer payment type and sale amount; calculate sales tax, calculate cost of goods and profit; track mileage to get your deduction
- Income and Goals: track quarterly sales goals, gross profit, expenses, net, anticipated sessions, actual sessions, inquiries, converted inquiries and mileage
- Lifetime Customer Value: calculate total payment for each customer and grand total
If you're worried about actually using the spreadsheet. Don't be.
With a basic understanding of Excel, you're all set. The download includes notes that explain exactly how to use each function.
This spreadsheet will help you make better business decisions and stay on track. At the end of the year, you can share your completed spreadsheet with your CPA.
This makes reporting easy.
Meeting your professional and financial goals is crucial to your success. This is an investment you deserve.
P.s. There's a video below to help guide you! Click here to watch
Users have reported this works in Google Docs and Numbers but no guarantee or support is provided for these methods.
What people are saying...
"Just wanted to say that I am loving being more organized this year. big thanks for the excel worksheet"
"My accountant loved how organized our files were. He said, "you did your homework and came prepared." Although my prior corporate background is in Finance, the RB org Excel worksheet made filing my 1st year for this business a breeze:) Thank you so much!"