Legally Cover Your (Social Media) Assets
Legally Cover Your (Social Media) Assets
In today's digital landscape, businesses are inundated with opportunities to advertise for free across various social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and YouTube. While social media presents an incredible opportunity for brand exposure and engagement, it also carries significant legal risks that can result in substantial financial losses if not navigated correctly.
Among the multitude of courses offering strategies for enhancing your social media presence, there's a crucial aspect that often goes unaddressed: the legalities involved. Many courses focus solely on aesthetics and engagement tactics without delving into the legal obligations and potential pitfalls.
Enter TheLawTog®, Rachel Brenke, an expert in legal issues surrounding businesses and social media. In her comprehensive course, she equips you with the knowledge and tools necessary to ensure your social media activities are legally compliant and protect your business from costly litigation.
Consider this: a single misstep in using copyrighted images, audio, or other content without proper authorization can result in fines of thousands of dollars per instance. With stakes this high, understanding the legal framework governing social media usage is not just advisable—it's imperative for safeguarding your business's financial health.
Throughout the course, you'll gain insight into a range of essential topics, including:
- Basic Marketing Legalities: Understand the fundamental legal principles that govern marketing and advertising on social media platforms, ensuring that your promotional efforts comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Content Usage Verification: Learn how to verify the legality of using images, audio, and other content in your social media posts, avoiding potential copyright infringement issues and associated penalties.
- Proper Licensing Procedures: Discover the proper procedures for obtaining licenses to use third-party content in your social media marketing efforts, mitigating the risk of legal action and financial liability.
Included in the Legally Cover Your Assets course package are:
- On-demand video tutorials accessible via a dedicated course portal, allowing you to learn at your own pace and convenience.
- Access to course materials for one year, providing ongoing reference and support as you navigate your social media legal obligations.
- BONUS: Social Media Asset Checklist, a valuable tool for ensuring that your social media content is legally compliant and risk-free.
Don't let the allure of social media advertising blindside you to the potential legal ramifications. Arm yourself with the knowledge and resources provided in this course, and empower your business to thrive in the digital age while safeguarding against costly legal missteps.
Template in .doc for easy copy-paste
Highlighted guides and notes for easy fill-in-the-blank customization
Access to TLT KNOWLEDGE BASE - explanations of key contractual provisions so you understand and can explain to your clients
#1 Download instantly via email
#2 Back-up to your digital file system for use in future
#3 Fill-in-the-blank and edit based on guides in the contract
#4 Copy/paste into any online contract signing system or CRM for use!
Why choose TheLawTog?
Headed by Rachel Brenke, TheLawTog is the only dedicated resource for photographers. With practicing lawyers, business consultants, CPA, financial planners (and more!) you’ll get information with first-hand experience to help your photography business.
Can I edit the contracts?
Yes! They come as .doc files so you can fill-in-the-blank, remove or add what you need. We provide options and headings to easily allow for editing.
Can I use these contracts if not in the US?
TheLawTog®’s contract forms are drafted on general American law-based contract principles and are applicable to many states. Due to variations in law based on location and business policies, the contracts are editable and easily adaptable. If you are a photographer outside the US, the policies may be implemented for your business, but U.S. Federal Copyright laws and other legal theories may not apply. For example, in the United States, unless otherwise contracted, the photographer retains copyright ownership of images. However, in other countries, the law may give the copyright ownership to the client and necessitate a provision for transfer.
View ALL FAQs here
TheLawTog® is owned and run by a lawyer but is not a law firm. All purchases are for general education. It is recommended to have a local lawyer review all products for your use.
Due to the nature of digital products, ALL sales are final. Please reach out to our team with question before purchase. This website is encrypted. We take your security very seriously. All transactions powered by Shopify. Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
We offer ShopPay and PayPal Payments. Choose the option at checkout and follow the prompts.