Wedding Photography Contract Bundle
Wedding Photography Contract Bundle
This essentials bundle includes everything you need to protect your business while creating stunning wedding photography for your couples.
Wedding Services Contract
Wedding Specific Model Releases (1 standard + 2 limited)
The wedding photography contract covers the pertinent areas any photography business owners should have to cover themselves legally for a wedding. Including:
- non-refundable payment(with liquidated damages language)
- payment schedule + completion schedule
- late fees for late or missed payments
- pre-wedding consultation preference
- cancellation and rescheduling
- photographic materials included/defined
- artist right of discretion for images
- copyright and reproductions (whether selling digitals or not)
- client usage of images
- safe-working environment + cooperation of clients and guests
- exclusive photographer clause
- failure to perform
- substitute/backup photographer
- incorporation of standard price list
- meals + breaks provided for photography team
- venue guidelines and responsibility of client
- travel and overage fees
- and needed legal miscellany!
Model Releases- If you plan to use your images for advertising or portfolio purposes, a model release form is an essential way to protect your photography business. A model release protects you from legal action, eliminate the unknowns around usage of client photos. It is generally signed by the subject of a photograph and covers the following perpetual and irrevocable specifics:
- Standard release form - a standard model release document used for standard photographer usage of photographs and client’s publicity rights
- Limited release by client’s choice of specific photographs
- Limited release to exclude photographs containing specific contents from being published (such as pre-wedding photos, alcohol, different phases during day. getting dressed and more.)
Print Release - The print release form is readily customizable to be included with digital file orders to outline the do's and dont's that the client can do with your art. This gives the client the permission to print only – does not give permissions for commercial or other uses. This does reemphasize the copyright laws.
Average cost for lawyer drafting: $1,800
A common (and GREAT) question is the differences in our wedding services contracts.
Wedding Essentials is the general wedding contract you have with clients.
Destination are full, standard weddings photographed at destination locations (not within your local area - think across or out of country).
Elopements - small scale weddings limiting number of people and activites. These won't typically include full-receptions etc.
Adventure - perfect for adventure elopements in exotic locations!
Template in .doc for easy copy-paste
Highlighted guides and notes for easy fill-in-the-blank customization
Access to TLT KNOWLEDGE BASE - explanations of key contractual provisions so you understand and can explain to your clients
#1 Download instantly via email
#2 Back-up to your digital file system for use in future
#3 Fill-in-the-blank and edit based on guides in the contract
#4 Copy/paste into any online contract signing system or CRM for use!
Why choose TheLawTog?
Headed by Rachel Brenke, TheLawTog is the only dedicated resource for photographers. With practicing lawyers, business consultants, CPA, financial planners (and more!) you’ll get information with first-hand experience to help your photography business.
Can I edit the contracts?
Yes! They come as .doc files so you can fill-in-the-blank, remove or add what you need. We provide options and headings to easily allow for editing.
Can I use these contracts if not in the US?
TheLawTog®’s contract forms are drafted on general American law-based contract principles and are applicable to many states. Due to variations in law based on location and business policies, the contracts are editable and easily adaptable. If you are a photographer outside the US, the policies may be implemented for your business, but U.S. Federal Copyright laws and other legal theories may not apply. For example, in the United States, unless otherwise contracted, the photographer retains copyright ownership of images. However, in other countries, the law may give the copyright ownership to the client and necessitate a provision for transfer.
View ALL FAQs here
TheLawTog® is owned and run by a lawyer but is not a law firm. All purchases are for general education. It is recommended to have a local lawyer review all products for your use.
Due to the nature of digital products, ALL sales are final. Please reach out to our team with question before purchase. This website is encrypted. We take your security very seriously. All transactions powered by Shopify. Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
We offer ShopPay and PayPal Payments. Choose the option at checkout and follow the prompts.