Topic: Commercial Licensing
Time Investment: 32 Minutes
Check out: Commercial Contracts
Commercial photography, licensing and copyright ownership are overwhelming yet very-needed-to-know legal tools for your photography business. Whether you're a full-time commercial photographer or a portrait photographer, you should be aware of these ins-and-outs so you can offer commercial licensing options...or at a minimum know your legal financial basis when someone commercially infringes on your photographs!
After this video you will be ready to:
- understand the difference between print release and commercial use licenses
- what to do if your portrait client asks for a commercial license
- be able to offer commercial license up-sells or marketing cross-sells to portrait clients
- how to develop a financial basis for a copyright infringement demand
- how to "eat the elephant" of photography business legalities...strategically
- and more!
This is from a LIVE recording of Coffee & Contracts, a bi-weekly podcast with TheLawTog, Rachel Brenke. You can RSVP to be part of the live audience and ask Q&As here. Q&As are exclusively for live attendees.