I’m Rachel Brenke, I’m a lawyer and I’m also a photographer just like you.
This website and blog are all about helping photographers like you with the business, marketing, and legal side of photography. So I’m here to help you make your business grow and thrive.
And since I’m a working…
- Photography studio owner
- Photographer’s business consultant
- MBA with emphasis in marketing
- Mother of 4 children
- Author of The Laundry List
- National Speaker
- And I also have experience as a military wife who’s constantly relocating my business every few years…
.. I’ve got real life experience in making a photography business successful from the ground up again and again. I simply have no other choice. And I gotta tell you, it hasn’t been easy to make my businesses work in different places around the country all these times, but I’ve gained such valuable experience. I wouldn’t change it for the world.
And now with all this experience, I’m here to help you jump-start your photography business. The right way, and the profitable way (which is the most fun way of all!)
So if you want real-world help with the business, marketing, and legal side of photography, you’ve come to the right place.
There is no other place where you can legitimately get all of that rolled into one.
Seriously. Welcome, I’m glad to have you!
And guess what?
…you can get 1:1 help in the Biz Revamp webcourse for photographers – which will open for enrollment very soon.
I encourage you to sign up for my private list where I’ll be revealing exclusive tips for running and revamping your business into high gear!
You’re going to love it, and of course there’s absolutely no spam, and your info stays totally private.
Oh but you want credentials? You want proof that I’m the real deal?
Of course you do. No problem at all.
Wanna stay updated?
Sign up here and snag a free photography contract while you’re at it!
Here’s all of my stuff:
I am barred attorney with a Masters in Business Administration and a Masters in Human Services.
My consulting services and courses have been showcased on national levels with Creative Live, WPPI, Seniors Ignite, and through the Professional Photographers of America.
Through PPA, my course BIZ REVAMP was the first ever webcourse approved for students to receive PPA merits.
I’m also the author of The Laundry List: A Mom’s Guide to Running A Successful Business & Home. The Laundry List is a real-life practical guide to balance family and business. I walk you through setting realistic and flexible goals, choosing a workspace, balancing household chores, and organizational tips to get your business rocking to success. Who better to learn from that someone who has done it a couple times over?
My consulting services for photographers and other creatives can be found here.
See below for an entire list of articles and appearances.
Click here to get on my private list and get exclusive content on running and revamping your photography business!
I’m excited to see you in your inbox!
- Important Legal Mistakes Newer Photographers Make - Mozi Magazine January 2014 Issue
- Senior Style Guide Issue 2 Article
- Senior Style Guide Issue 3 – Featured Photographer Spread
- “A Step Above the Crowd” – Senior Style Guide Issue 7
- Simplifying Taxes for Creative Minds and Artistic Souls - Chic Critique Issue 4
- Narrowing the Niche- Lemonade and Lenses
- Interview + Cover – Denim & Grace
- Click Magazine with ShootProof Interview
Guest Blog Posts
- 5 Things to Consider Before Starting a Photography Business – Digital Photography School
- How To Take Maternity Photos – Tamron USA
- Portrait Photographers, Respect Thy Client’s Wishes … Or Not – TiffinBox
- Law 101: Protecting Your Art - Pure Photoshop Actions
- Locking Down The Law - Rock The Shot
- Photography Business Insurance Coverages - The Modern Tog
- Photography Biz Legal Overview – Photography Spark
- 3 Online Marketing Strategies – Photography Web Marketing
- I totally screwed up my first boudoir shoot (Boudoir Contracts Info) - Boudie Shorts
- 5 Facebook Tips for Photographers – Inspired WebWorks
- Celebrity Interview - Rock My Photography
- Celebrity Photographer Interview – Chic Critique Forum
- Vendor Highlight – Simply Designed Invites
- Member Spotlight – Military Spouse JD Network
- Is your website illegal? – Creative Motion Design
- The Legal Dos and Donts of Pet Photography - Hair of the Dog Blog
- Couple hires you. Dad pays. Who is your contract with? – Elizabeth Halford Photography
- Business Basics for Newborn Photographers – NewbornPhotography
- Portrait Photographers: Respect Thy Client’s Wishes - Tiffinbox
- Interview Spotlight: Getting Down to Business - Photographer’s Connection
- TheLawTog Contract Bundle Review by SLR Lounge
Podcasts, Webinars & Hangouts
- JPEG2RAW – Episode 13
- JPEG2RAW- Episode 23
- JPEG2RAW – Episode 36
- JPEG2RAW – Episode 59
- Photography Business Success is a Balancing Act - PhotoBiz Xposed
- “Copycats – Do they hurt your business?” – After the Shoot with Seniors Ignite
- “Art of the Ask” -After the Shoot with Seniors Ignite
- Tog Tools Q&A
- Brilliant Business Moms – an Interview
- How to balance work, life, and family with Mimika Cooney
- Voted #3 in the Top 10 2012 Photography Business Resources by The Modern Tog
- 25+ Interesting Blogs for Photographers You Don’t Want to Miss by Trip Wire Magazine
- 10 Must-Follow Photography Blogs by E-Junkie
- 2014 Best for Business Awards
- 2014 Best Business Product – The Ultimate Portrait Photography Contract Bundle by Photography Spark
- 2014 Top 10 Photography Business Blog by The Modern Tog
- Top 10 BlogPosts by Professional Photographers of America
Key things you’ll find on TheLawTog:
- Photography Contracts for Clients
- Photography Contracts for Photographers (such as workshops, mentoring, etc.)
- Photography Contracts for Commercial Work (such as vendor relationships, real estate, etc.)
- Free Photography Contract Resources
- Free Photography Webinars
- Free Photography Podcasts
- Photography Mentoring
- Photography Business Mentoring
*Attorney Barred in the State of Texas